mkfs.jffs2 problem

Andrea Paterniani a.paterniani at swapp-eng.it
Wed Apr 5 12:59:24 UTC 2006

Hi all!

...I resend a previous message too big due to logo image inclusion...sorry
for my error.

I'm trying to generate JFFS2 rootfs image via buidroot toolchain.
The problem is that even specifing the correct JFFS2_PADSIZE via make
menuconfig I get always a JFFS2 image of 1 Mb size.
I'm using today mtd_snapshot.
To me it seems there are proble parsing mkfs.jffs2 command options.
The -p option doesn't take pad size.

at line 1374 of mkfs.jffs2.c
    while ((opt = getopt_long(argc, argv,
         "D:d:r:s:o:qUPfh?vVe:lbp::nc:m:x:X:Lty:i:", long_options, &c)) >=
0)

there is a double : after p option.

Actually changing to
     while ((opt = getopt_long(argc, argv,
         "D:d:r:s:o:qUPfh?vVe:lbp:nc:m:x:X:Lty:i:", long_options, &c)) >= 0)
I can obtain the desired JFFS2 image size.

Andrea