Retiring from uClibc development

sjhill at realitydiluted.com sjhill at realitydiluted.com
Mon Apr 3 13:06:02 UTC 2006

> The nightly tests check uClibc itself only and run some testsuites against
> the newly built one, vapier can tell more about it (those tests helped a
> lot to get each and every arch fixed, because I do not have the necessary
> resources to do that, see how long the tests run each day)

His stuff does not run anything. That would imply that he has every
architecture to test on, which he does not. He told me that he was
only building things with his own private scripts.

> I run current svn on 2 x86 boxes (one w/ LOCALE using X, mainly desktop
> use, and another one w/o LOCALE, the latter being my development box,
> where I rebuild in 10-14 days once all of the packages to see what
> breaks) and in a ppc chroot, all of these being gentoo embedded).

I would like to kindly request if you are going to take the time to
rebuild on gentoo, that you do it for buildroot as well.

-Steve