Retiring from uClibc development

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Sat Apr 1 21:45:54 UTC 2006

On Sat Apr 01, 2006 at 01:01:05PM -0500, Rob Landley wrote:
> On Monday 27 March 2006 7:12 pm, Manuel Novoa III wrote:
> > Also realize that I haven't stopped my own development for uClibc.  It just
> > takes place in my own tree.  When we release something linked with it, the
> > patches will be made available and integrated.  But I can't ethicly (at
> > least in my code of ethics) justify handing out bug fixes to my employer's
> > competitors until necessary.
>
> Disturbing trend.

Nothing disturbing about that at all.  If someone pays to develop
feature X, they do not need to share the code for feature X until
such time as they begin shipping uClibc with feature X included.

There is nothing evil about this.

> Query: is there going to be a 0.9.29 release?

Yes of course -- when it is working well enough to warrant a
release.  Current svn is broken, at least on mips, which is all
I've had a chance to test recently.