Retiring from uClibc development

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sat Apr 1 18:01:05 UTC 2006

On Monday 27 March 2006 7:12 pm, Manuel Novoa III wrote:
> Also realize that I haven't stopped my own development for uClibc.  It just
> takes place in my own tree.  When we release something linked with it, the
> patches will be made available and integrated.  But I can't ethicly (at
> least in my code of ethics) justify handing out bug fixes to my employer's
> competitors until necessary.

Disturbing trend.

Query: is there going to be a 0.9.29 release?  If the objection is that psm
was destabilizing a tree that's trying to be cleaned up for a release, that's
an understandable objection.  If the objection is that uClibc is expected to
have every daily snapshot work because it no longer cuts releases (ala
buildroot), and using the last released version is no longer really a viable
option anymore, that's not really a very appealing model.

Rob