Problem with free()

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Tue Sep 27 05:34:18 UTC 2005

first off, dont send html e-mail, it's plain retarded

On Monday 26 September 2005 04:08 pm, Julian Yerfino wrote:
> Hi, I am using uclinux with uclibc and I have the following problem:
> sometimes when I do a free of some memory, the calling thread and
> eventually the entire applicaction blocks. This happens when I have to
> free large chunks of memory, for example when I free 2 blocks of 17000
> bytes.

you neglected to mention what version of uclibc you're using

in general though, you should seek help with uclinux (i.e. mmuless systems) on
uclinux lists ... we tend to be a little ignorant of mmuless details

> I am using "malloc" implementation (I try using the "malloc-simple"
> implementation and everything works fine).

so why dont you use the malloc-simple version and be done with it ? ;)
-mike