__cxa_atexit and __cxa_finalize implementation

Stephen Warren swarren at wwwdotorg.org
Sun Sep 25 01:45:15 UTC 2005

Peter S. Mazinger wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Sep 2005, Stephen Warren wrote:
>
> Attached are my patches:
> nonshared:
> -adds support generally for any files to uclibc_nonshared.a
> -creates the needed linker script
> -it does not check for existence of files (fails if no nonshared_obj.*
> file is present)

In libc/Makefile, there is this:

clean: subdirs_clean halfclean
         $(RM) obj.*

which the "nonshared" patch should change to this:

clean: subdirs_clean halfclean
         $(RM) nonshared_obj.* obj.*

Also, I'm having trouble building uClibc with all these patches, using
buildroot.

buildroot does roughly the following right near startup, so setup some
headers etc. for other packages to use:

	tar jzvf $(some_dir)/uClibc-$(version).tar.bz2
         $(MAKE1) -C $(UCLIBC_DIR) \
                 PREFIX=$(TOOL_BUILD_DIR)/uClibc_dev/ \
                 DEVEL_PREFIX=/usr/ \
                 RUNTIME_PREFIX=$(TOOL_BUILD_DIR)/uClibc_dev/ \
                 HOSTCC="$(HOSTCC)" \
                 pregen install_dev;

The "install_dev" target attempts to do this:

sed -e '/^GROUP/d' $(TOPDIR)lib/libc.so > \
     $(PREFIX)$(DEVEL_PREFIX)lib/libc.so

which relies on the existence of lib/libc.so, but that file isn't
generated until libc/Makefile's "shared" target is run, which hasn't
happened yet.

So, I guess you need to make the top-level Makefile's "install_dev"
target, and libc/Makefile's "shared" target, depend on a new target in
libc/Makefile, that does the creation of the linker script lib/libc.so.

If I manually create the libc/libc.so file with appropriate content, and
create a new uClibc source tarball with this file, and give that as
input to buildroot, the things start building. I'll let you know what
happens once it's finished!

--
Stephen Warren, Software Engineer, NVIDIA, Fort Collins, CO
swarren at wwwdotorg.org     http://www.wwwdotorg.org/pgp.html