__cxa_atexit and __cxa_finalize implementation

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Thu Sep 15 21:07:08 UTC 2005

On Thu Sep 15, 2005 at 08:48:49PM +0200, Peter S. Mazinger wrote:
> I have done a "preliminary" version to add uclibc_nonshared.a (or
> should it be called libc_nonshared.a as glibc?) support for uClibc.

BTW, there are other advantages to having a *nonshared.a...  For
example, I've long had it in the TODO list to place all small
objects (>~50 bytes) into a static library.  This is because the
overhead needed for the stuff embedded into the application and
for the stuff embedded in the shared library.  For small
functions you end up better off size-wise not sharing them at
all, but instead embedding them into a static library.  Of course
the downside to such as approach would be that upgrading uClibc
does not upgrade any functions that were embedded into
applications via *nonshared.a, so an extra extra dose of auditing
is in order.