Attention MIPS uClibc developers...

Steven J. Hill sjhill at realitydiluted.com
Sat Sep 3 05:38:46 UTC 2005

Hey guys.

I just imported the latest 'clone' and 'vfork' implementations for MIPS
from the glibc codebase. I tested these with normal uClibc (non-NPTL)
and they worked great for me. Would someone be willing to test them on
the uClibc trunk and check my work before I merge them from my branch
onto the trunk? You will need to get the following files:

    libc/sysdeps/linux/mips/Makefile
    libc/sysdeps/linux/mips/clone.S
    libc/sysdeps/linux/mips/vfork.S
    libc/sysdeps/linux/mips/sysdep.h

You will need to remove the following line from the 'Makefile' for the
'headers' target:

    cp sysdep-nptl.h $(TOPDIR)/include/

You should then be able to build and use the new implementations. Please
report back to the list. Thanks.

-Steve