New build infrastructure in svn

Peter S. Mazinger ps.m at gmx.net
Fri Oct 28 17:58:02 UTC 2005

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:

> On Fri, 2005-10-28 01:07:32 +0200, Peter S. Mazinger <ps.m at gmx.net> wrote:
> > On Thu, 27 Oct 2005, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:
> > > Just for reference, my config looks like:
> > >
> > > jbglaw at d2:~/vax-linux/scm/build-20051027-142655-vax-linux-uclibc/src/uclibc$ egrep '(ELF|CTOR)' .config
> > > HAVE_ELF=y
> > > UCLIBC_CTOR_DTOR=y
> > > jbglaw at d2:~/vax-linux/scm/build-20051027-142655-vax-linux-uclibc/src/uclibc$ grep -i crt libc/sysdeps/linux/vax/Makefile.in
> > > #vax-all:SSRC:=clone.S crt1.S crti.S crtn.S __longjmp.S _setjmp.S setjmp.S
> > > crt-y:=create
> >
> > Please remove all crt?.S from SSRC, I have done some changes to the build
>
> They're not in there. Note the '#' in front of the line.
>
> > system, I would want to know if the crts are created now in lib/ (I am
> > sure that HAVE_SHARED being disabled influenced it)
>
> Just ran a full build. Now it works with the new build infrastructure
> and also builds thr crt files.

Note: create_links.sh was updated, arch specific Makefile.in moved to
Makefile.arch, you should probably update your specific Makefile.in/arch as well.

Is shared support not possible, or you haven't ported the ldso stuff?

I have completely built uClibc using the new infrastructure on gentoo:
non-locale and locale supporting version with almost all options enabled.

TODO (most of it can't be done by me due to lack of C programming
knowledge)
1. make it possible to compile all libs' objects in one step (IMA)
2. add maybe an option to create_links.sh to create all Makefiles,
allowing to build locally in each directory
3. get rid of TOPDIR and make it really possible to build out of tree
4. can't decide what to do with archs not having crt1.S/.c. Should I
create for these the Makefile.arch file although not working?
5. separate stuff in ldso/libc/threads that should go into shared or
static lib (using ifdef SHARED, NOT/IS_IN_libc(default is IS_IN_libc),
maybe adding NOT/IS_IN_[rt]ld, NOT/IS_IN_pthread

> Thanks a lot for your good work :-)
>
> MfG, JBG

thx, Peter