[Buildroot] mtd issue

Ivan Korzakow ivan.korzakow at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 16:06:03 UTC 2005

Hi,

I have some problems with the mtd flash_eraseall for NOR flash under
2.6.13. I get the error : MTD get bad block failed: Operation not
supported.
The problem is solved on the latest snapshots of mtd, but buildroot
uses the last stable release from January. The thing is that
buildroot's makefile gives no easy way to compile a different version
of mtd, since it is looking for a specific file
(mtd_20050122.orig.tar.gz). It would be much easier if it was trying
to open mtd* or something like that.
Would it be possible to change that in the futur ?

Ivan