New build infrastructure in svn

Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw at lug-owl.de
Thu Oct 27 15:09:23 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-10-27 14:14:19 +0200, Peter S. Mazinger <ps.m at gmx.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Oct 2005, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:
> > Hmm. Right now, the crt*.S files are not listed in SSRC, that's the
> > same with the ARM port. If I add them there, the object files are
> > generated upon "make -f Makefile.in", but they're not copied at "make
> > -f Makefile.in install" time.
>
> they shouldn't be in SSRC, because the rules are in Makerules for them,
> you have to set crt-y:=create in libc/sysdeps/linux/vax/Makefile.in, that
> should take care of it (I hope)

With current svn (containing your combine patch), the CRT stuff still
isn't built.

I see there's a rule for building it in Makerules, but I don't see
where this target is referenced, so there's probably no reason for
make to actually build it.

If I manually call "make -f Makefile.in lib/crt1.o", it is built und
installed (upon "make -f Makefile.in install").

Just for reference, my config looks like:

jbglaw at d2:~/vax-linux/scm/build-20051027-142655-vax-linux-uclibc/src/uclibc$ egrep '(ELF|CTOR)' .config
HAVE_ELF=y
UCLIBC_CTOR_DTOR=y
jbglaw at d2:~/vax-linux/scm/build-20051027-142655-vax-linux-uclibc/src/uclibc$ grep -i crt libc/sysdeps/linux/vax/Makefile.in
#vax-all:SSRC:=clone.S crt1.S crti.S crtn.S __longjmp.S _setjmp.S setjmp.S
crt-y:=create

This should be fine from the Makerules point of view, I think.

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw       jbglaw at lug-owl.de    . +49-172-7608481             _ O _
"Eine Freie Meinung in  einem Freien Kopf    | Gegen Zensur | Gegen Krieg  _ _ O