[RFC] Changing return type for 'dlopen'...

Steven J. Hill sjhill at realitydiluted.com
Sat Oct 22 02:42:10 UTC 2005

Joakim Tjernlund wrote:

> I think this is much harder to do than you think.
> The struct elf_resolve * will not have the data libdl needs at dlclose.
> Try it, but if that complicates libdl then I don't think it is worth it.
> These TLS tests sounds broken if they assume stuff about internal libdl data.

This is the information I was looking for.

> Can't you just extract the 'struct elf_resolve *' from 'struct dyn_elf
> *'->dyn?

Hmmm, I suppose I could. That would require possibly modifying the test,
which is not a big deal. The other reason for asking the question, and I
should have been more explicit, was to see if we wanted to match the
behavior of glibc with dlopen and it sounds like dlclose as well. That
is probably too big of a change from what you are saying. I will go with
modifying the TLS tests effected. Thanks for the input everyone.

-Steve