adding kernel to buildroot?

Mark Shelby mshelby1 at alltel.net
Fri Oct 21 03:45:50 UTC 2005

I have successfully built the latest buildroot image and have mounted it on a
spare partition.

Using 'make menuconfig' I selected the 2.6.11 kernel and chose to install the
headers. Problem: The build was successful, but I do not find a kernel image
on my new system anywhere. Shouldn't there be a 'bzImage' or a 'vmlinuz'
somewhere?

There were no errors in my build. What am I missing? I followed the
instructions on the website - but no kernel.

Just to be certain, I have rebuilt the file system image file several times.
each time with the same result.

I need the kernel image so that my usb mouse will work.

Thanks in advance for the help.

By the way,I configured the generic i386 system.