X question and firefox in buildroot

Chien-Yu Chen torus0 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 18:56:39 UTC 2005

hi!

  I look at the compiled Xorg server, which is about 1.2M
from the host.def, looks like this is the tinyXserver

I had compiled the Xfree86 with buildroot, and come up with a smaller
executable, around 800k...also, my compilation for xfree86 will skip a
lot of the modules...my question is, is host.def the only file
specifying the feature for the compiled X, in buildroot?

for firefox, I was able to build it a few weeks ago, but now it's
breaking again...
just wondering if anyone had a successful build and can share the story...thanks

oh....both my system is i686
I used snapshot for buildroot, but not the snapshot for uclibc...the
snapshot for uclibc is failing at some pthread compilation....

chen
--
       .--.
      |o_o |                   Freedom of Choice