compile error in buildroot e2fsprogs

Joseph M Dupre (AVAB Inc.) dupre at avab.com
Mon Oct 3 19:10:55 UTC 2005

I get the following errors when I add e2fsprogs to my buildroot
configuration:

filefrag.c: In function 'frag_report':
filefrag.c:72: error: storage size of 'fileinfo' isn't known
filefrag.c:104: error: 'O_LARGEFILE' undeclared (first use in this
function
filefrag.c:104: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only
once
filefrag.c:104: error: for each function it appears in.)

This compile time error happens with todays (20051003) snapshot of
buildroot (using e2fsprogs-1.38) and the 20050817 snapshot (using
e2fsprogs-1.37).

In both instances I am using the latest "released" version of uClibc,
not the current SVN, and the latest available kernel headers
(2.6.12).

I tried enabling largefile support in buildroot menuconfig, but that
made no difference.

Anyone seen this before?

- Joe