Building with Uclibc

John Kelly jakelly at shtc.net
Wed Nov 30 19:43:00 UTC 2005

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 09:27:34 -0700, Stephen Warren
<swarren at wwwdotorg.org> wrote:

>>You can configure buildroot to only build gcc, uclibc and not all the
>>user-space applications. Then, just use that toolchain to compile
>>whatever you want - that's what we do.

True, but Like Rob, I have reasons to prefer my own build framework
for producing the same result.  Mine is much easier to customize than
the tangled mess of makefiles in buildroot.

I've studied buildroot's output for a standard i386 target and I
nearly have it adapted to my own build framework (which is based on
the diy-linux reference build).

I'm close to having it working, but I'm stuck after the second pass of
gcc, because gcc can't find my system include files like stdio.h.

How do you make gcc report what system include search paths it was
built with?  I built using --with-sysroot, but something's not right,
because the header files are there, so it must be looking somewhere
else.  Or maybe something else is wrong with my gcc binary ...