libpthread status

Rob uclibc at paypc.com
Tue Nov 29 02:50:59 UTC 2005

> i think he means how i tagged two versions of linuxthreads, the current
> stable one as 'old' and the fresh glibc (but not yet committed) version
> as 'new'

I can't speak for him, but in my older post about this, I was referring to
this "new" code.

> if that's the case, ive been dabbling with it since i didnt think
> anyone really cared

Consider my small voice another cry of support for this project.  I'd be
willing to help, but I'm a bit new to this project and the more subtle aspects
of its technology.

I'm about to embark on a new PBX/voice-logging project (based around the
"Voicetronix" cards which are rather nice) which makes heavy use of threads...
 I do most of my prototyping on a normal PC-based machine which runs "modern"
glibc and kernel version 2.4.x.  I'd prefer to base my implementation on
something closer to what the "future" will resemble.

Cheers,

=R=