Help with buildroot for ppc8xx target?

Steve Reynolds steve.reynolds at citel.com
Thu Nov 24 15:56:16 UTC 2005

Hi

I am sorry to have to ask what I think is a basic question here, but I have looked everywhere and
can't find an answer.

How can I configure buildroot to build for a powerpc 8xx? I built using the generic powerpc config in "make menuconfig" and the file system hangs on init.

I know there is a -mcpu=860 switch on the compiler but how do I turn that on for the target elements
of buildroot? I tried adding it to the additional gcc options field in make menuconfig but I got the
following error so that must be wrong...

configure: error: -mcpu=860: invalid option; use --help to show usage
make: *** [/home/stever/buildroot/toolchain_build_powerpc/gcc-3.4.2-initial/.configured] Error 1

Thanks for your help

Steve