uClibc 0.9.19 with gcc 3.2.2

Andrew Potter agp at dsl.pipex.com
Sun Nov 20 18:06:24 UTC 2005

Thanks to all that have written to offer suggestions, I will try using
the crosstool option suggested by Yann E MORIN and see if that helps me.

> >  Linux kernel 2.4.17
> >  uClibc 0.9.19
> >  Busybox 0.64
> >  GCC 3.2.2
> >
> >  I do not have all the source code for this firmware,
>
> Three GPL components and one LGPL and you don't have any source code?

I know its not very good. I have previously written to the FSF about
this in regards to them holding the copyrights on wget and RedBoot, both
of which are also used in this router and no source has been made
available. I have been informed that they are following this up with
Inventel but I do not have an update.
Maybe they should be chased up about not making the source to uClibc
v0.9.19 available on their website as well. This can only be done by the
copyright holder.

> >  Any thoughts or suggestions ?
>
> This probably falls under the realm of "consulting services", I'm afraid.
> There are numerous people you could give money to to make this work for you.
> (Glenn probably has the time.)
> Not much in it for the volunteers, I'm afraid.  We've done two years of work
> since then, and then answer to most problems you're going to have is "we
> already fixed that".  You have the source, you have the mailing list
> archives, and we might answer _specific_ questions...

Given that this is just for me and possibly a couple of others who want
to mess around with the Livebox, I don't think that "consulting
services" is a affordable option so the archives could be getting a
beating over the next short while.

If I can figure out how to upgrade the flash on the box I might try to
upgrade the lot but it could be tough on the proprietry bits that are
included in the image. Still if I break it, its only $80 and a good
learning experience.

Cheers

	AndyP