uClibc 0.9.19 with gcc 3.2.2

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998 at anciens.enib.fr
Sun Nov 20 10:14:18 UTC 2005

Andrew,

On Saturday 19 November 2005 202, Andrew Potter wrote:
> 	I am new to the list and am trying to build a toolchain that will allow
> me to compile apps that will run on an Inventel DV-4210 Livebox ADSL
> Modem/Router. This router has a BCM6348 SOC that uses a MIPS32 core
> running in Big Endian mode and the fimrware has been built with the
> following,
> 	Linux kernel 2.4.17
> 	uClibc 0.9.19
> 	Busybox 0.64
> 	GCC 3.2.2
> 	I do not have all the source code for this firmware, so upgrading to
> the latest versions of the above is not really possible.
> 	Is there an easy way to build the toolchain for the above ?

Look at crosstool: http://www.kegel.com/crosstool, there is a patch
(by me) to allow the building of toolchain with uClibc. You might (may/will)
have to make some changes, but it could serve as a basis.

> 	I have tried to use the latestet buildroot and change the options for
> gcc, kernel and uClibc but it then falls over in numerous places.
> 	Any thoughts or suggestions ?

If I were you, I'd try to build a toolchain with recent tools (latest buildroot
is OK for that), build a small static program (Hello world) and check it works.
Then, try to have both libc version along side (check names don't clash),
build your small program with dynamic loading and check it works.
Once you're there, you can add bigger programs.

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

| +0/33 662376056 | Software  Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN     |   ^                |
| web: ymorin.free.fr | SETI at home 3808 | / \ HTML MAIL    |  """  conspiracy.  |