(u)random on LPD404

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Wed Nov 16 21:09:58 UTC 2005

On Wed, Nov 16, 2005 at 09:00:58PM +0000, Paul Blacquiere wrote:
> Ok - quick fix create sym-link random->urandom
>
> Suspect bad config on my behalve for kernel build options.

bad idea ... how did you build dropbear ?  did you use buildroot or did
you build it yourself ?

if you built it yourself, edit options.h and set DROPBEAR_RANDOM_DEV to
/dev/urandom

by default, dropbear uses /dev/random which will block until the kernel
can get more entropy to generate more 'good' random data ... thus you
may see dropbear block until it can get enough random input.  if you
use /dev/urandom instead, dropbear will always be able to get enough
random input, but it may not be 'good' random input.
-mike