Buildroot - NFS mountable

Michael Erickson mikee at logicpd.com
Mon Nov 14 22:31:04 UTC 2005

Ah,

I know the answer to this :-). Well, at least I know how I got it working on our
development boards (LogicPD Zoom SDK's) based on the A40x.

The problem, as I remember it, is that buildroot doesn't actually make the
device nodes correctly in build_ARCH/root/dev/. So, you need to go in there and
correctly make:
	/dev/console
	/dev/ttyAM1
You do that by first removing them and then, as root, using the "mknod" command.
I forget off hand what the major and minor numbers for ttyAM1 are, but you can
find them in the kernel documentation.

Then, create a soft link from /dev/ttyS0 to /dev/ttyAM1.

Then, in /etc/inittab uncomment the line that starts a getty on ttyS0.

That worked for me. Make sure the soft link that you create is only relative to
the local directory or it will look messed up to the device. In other words,
from build_ARM/root/dev/ do:

	ln -s ttyAM1 ttyS0

I had posted a question awhile back on automating this procedure but never got a
response. It seems to me that there might be a script or something that would
correctly set up the nodes in build_ARCH.

Hope that helps.

Best regards,
	--mikee

--