Buildroot - NFS mountable

Brent Cook bcook at securitytestsystems.com
Mon Nov 14 18:53:23 UTC 2005

On Monday 14 November 2005 12:42, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 14, 2005 at 11:21:24AM -0600, Brent Cook wrote:
> > Check your /etc/inittab and ensure that there is a line enabled for your
> > serial console. It's probably working fine, but just starting internal
> > consoles that might not be revelant or visible on an embedded device.
>
> assuming your startup scripts output *something*, /etc/inittab shouldnt
> matter too much since initial output is sent to /dev/console
> -mike

That's true. This is just from personal experience with an embedded PPC; the
default buildroot configuration does not generate any output from the RC
scripts if everything else works correctly. All you will see is init starting
and then nothing if inittab doesn't start a console on a serial port. Of
course, we would need more info from Paul to really determine if this is the
issue.