python for powerpc

Pablo Rodíz Obaya rodiz at leveltelecom.es
Tue Nov 8 18:45:06 UTC 2005

Hi, I am completely lost trying to compile python for powerpc. I have a fully functional toolchain (I did compile other packages and they work). I used the following commands to do my compillation, but not all the packages are compilled, could someone tell me the reason and maybe a sollution? Thanks in advance.

Pablo Rodiz

Receipe:

Used version: Python-2.3.4.tgz

I patched the source as stated in http://www.ailis.de/~k/docs/crosscompiling/python.php
(I used a different patch which I found in this mailing list. It is attached)

# cat python-cross-compiling.bin | patch -p0

# cd Python-2.3.4

# ./configure
# make python Parser/pgen

# mv python hostpython
# mv Parser/pgen Parser/hostpgen

# make distclean

# CXX=powerpc-linux-uclibc-g++ \
CC=powerpc-linux-uclibc-gcc  \
AR=powerpc-linux-uclibc-ar  \
RANLIB=powerpc-linux-uclibc-ranlib \
./configure powerpc-linux- --target=powerpc-linux- \
 --prefix=/usr --build=i686 \
 --includedir=/home/rodiz/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/build_powerpc/staging_dir/include \
 --libdir=/home/rodiz/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/build_powerpc/staging_dir/lib \
 --disable-ipv6

# make HOSTPYTHON=./hostpython  \
HOSTPGEN=./Parser/hostpgen  \
BLDSHARED="powerpc-linux-uclibc-gcc -shared"

To install python I typed this:

# make install prefix=../root/usr \
HOSTPYTHON=./hostpython \
BLDSHARED="powerpc-linux-uclibc-gcc -shared" \
CROSS_COMPILE=yes