libc.so.6: aborted attempt to load file

Lucas Correia Villa Real lucasvr at gobolinux.org
Mon Nov 7 03:48:27 UTC 2005

Hi there!

I'm compiling an application in my ARM cpu, and I'm getting the
following error after the build completes:
libc.so.6: aborted attempt to load ./ROX-Filer!

I've googled before asking for help here, and I've seen that this
error should happen if the application was build with dependencies
on uclibc *and* glibc. Ok, so I stopped using a cross-compiler,
and I've recompiled almost every dependency natively on the ARM
cpu itself. I'm using GCC 4.0.2 with uClibc 0.9.28 here, and I
don't have anything related to glibc on the environment. The
important headers are coming from buildroot's GCC and uClibc
builds.

Is it possible that the error is happening due to a dependency
which was previously compiled on the cross-compiling environment?
I ask this because I'm trying not to recompile the whole xlibs
again.

Many thanks for any suggestions!

--
Lucas