svn commit: trunk/uClibc/libc/sysdeps/linux: alpha arm cris i386 mips powerpc sh spa etc...

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Sat Nov 5 02:29:50 UTC 2005

On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 08:27:45PM -0600, Rob Landley wrote:
> On Friday 04 November 2005 20:13, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> > >
> > > rename this to some other name or move it to common, else if TARGET_ARCH
> > > is not defined we get this one included (see Makefile.in in the same dir)
> >
> > that doesnt make any sense ... if TARGET_ARCH isnt defined then that means
> > either (1) Rules.mak wasnt included (and so you're fucked anyways) or (2)
> > the .config file hasnt been generated (and so you're fucked anyways)
> >
> > making basic assumptions about the state of the topdir config is already
> > ingrained in uClibc ... for example, try to build anything in a subdir
> > without having run `make headers` in topdir
>
> In 0.9.28 this includes the inability to run "make utils" unless you've run
> "make headers".  (You'd think it would have a dependency, but no...)

that's a bugfix actually ... older uClibc used to build the utils subdir
against the headers/libs from the toolchain rather than the local uClibc

would be nice (and probably a lot easier with all the work psm has put in) to
have the headers target run automatically when you need it no matter what
subdir you're in ...
-mike