How to compile PHP for ppc

Glenn Henshaw ghenshaw at precidia.com
Thu Nov 3 19:08:54 UTC 2005

Pablo Rodíz Obaya wrote:
> Hi all, I was reading some of the posts in the list about compiling PHP
> for its use in embeded devices, but I could not do it with the
> information I got. Could some one explain me a little bit more how to
> cross compile php for a ppc target? I have the full toolchin installed
> and running. I did the job with boa, but I can not get php compilled.
> Any .mk or path files would be very wellcome. Thanks in advance.

   I found the following snipped in our Makefile.

ifeq ($(findstring php,$(dir_y)),php)
	if [ php/configure.in -nt php/configure ]; then \
		cd php; \
		autoconf || touch configure; \
		rm -f Makefile; \
	fi
	if [ php/Makefile.in -nt php/Makefile ]; then \
		cd php; \
		echo "CFLAGS=$(CFLAGS)"; \
		echo "LDFLAGS=$(LDFLAGS)"; \
		echo "LDLIBS=$(LDLIBS)"; \
		CFLAGS="$(CFLAGS)"; export CFLAGS; LIBS="$(LDLIBS)"; export LIBS; \
		./configure --cache-file=$(ROOTDIR)/config.cache --prefix=/usr
--sysconfdir=/etc \
					--without-gd --disable-bcmath \
			|| exit 1; \
	fi