Build problem

Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw at lug-owl.de
Wed Nov 2 10:03:23 UTC 2005

Hi!

Since recent checkins to SVN (I think within the last 48 hours,
probably within 24 hours), my build for VAX broke.

Now, a Makefile is required again in the target directory (which I've
added, no problem), but 'make -f Makefile.in' (after 'make oldconfig')
isn't all that successful and calls the "menuconfig" screen. I also
see that it tries to execute

rm -f -r include/bits
d include/bits
make: d: Command not found
make: [menuconfig] Error 127 (ignored)

...which comes from Makefile.in and initially was something like

	$(INSTALL) -d include/bits

So the INSTALL variable isn't set. I tried to work around by including
Rules.mak (which defines INSTALL), but this ends up in

+ extra/scripts/fix_includes.sh -k
/home/jbglaw/vax-linux/scm/build-20051102-081422-vax-linux-uclibc/src/linux/
-t

usage: fix_includes.sh -k KERNEL_SOURCE_DIRECTORY -t TARGET_ARCH

This utility scans the KERNEL_SOURCE_DIRECTORY directory and

...so $(TARGET_ARCH) isn't set either.

Any hints?

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw       jbglaw at lug-owl.de    . +49-172-7608481             _ O _
"Eine Freie Meinung in  einem Freien Kopf    | Gegen Zensur | Gegen Krieg  _ _ O