[uClibc] [Buildroot] Tinyx and TTF?

achim.spangler at mnet-online.de achim.spangler at mnet-online.de
Mon May 23 20:27:29 UTC 2005

Hi,
I'm looking for a kdrive/TinyX version that supports TTF fonts without client
side font rasterization ( I want to use wxWidgets port for direct X11 without
GTK ). I had so far no success in getting TTF to wotk with kdrive, even if I
set the TTF ( Freetype2 ) settings to compile into kdrive.

So my question is now:
Does the kdrive version at
http://intimate.handhelds.org/jacques/xc-011010.tar.bz2
(targeted by Buildroot) supporting TTF, or what must be done to get it to
support TTF?

I found a lot of contradictionary information to TTF and kdrive from not
possible, over with some experiments to supported. I wonder, why kdrive has the
options to configure TTF support ( freetype2 ) - and then doesn't accept at
least at my compile font paths with TTF fonts inside. Are there some special
font directory requirements ( fonts.dir, fonts.scale ) for TTF fonts that are
served to kdrive in opposite to standard X11?

Another question:
Do you think about using the newest kdrive version from freedesktop.org
( named fdo now )?

Thanks,
Achim
http://www.tec.wzw.tum.de/IsoAgLib/