[uClibc] buildroot - does it build a kernel as well?

George Joseph gtj.member at peakin.com
Sat May 14 01:23:56 UTC 2005

It does and I've been using it for building the environments for IXP425 based gateways since the beginning of the year.

Building the kernel for many platforms is a pretty custom thing.  The IXP425 platform for instance, requires the integration of the
Intel Access Library if you have hopes of ever using the ethernet ports.  For this reason, the kernel build was moved to buildroot's
"Board support options" configuration page.  Check out the "target/device" directory to see how it's set up.  If you want, I can
give you the configs I use for my ixp425 platform to get you started.

george