[uClibc] Re: [uClibc-cvs] [buildroot 0000239]: invalid version number for gcc

Steven J. Hill sjhill at realitydiluted.com
Mon May 2 01:37:43 UTC 2005

bugs at busybox.net wrote:

> I was able to download gcc4.1.20050424 from a site renamed to 4.1.1, and
> after running the make I got the following error cc1: error: invalid
> option 'no-float'
> in buildroot/toolchain_build_powerpc_nofpu/gcc-4.1.0-initial/gcc

You should go look at buildroot and this message:

    http://www.uclibc.org/lists/uclibc-cvs/2005-April/005563.html

The GCC-4.x series have changed the option naming for soft float. It has
nothing to do with the existence of gcc-4.1.x. As a side note, I am
working with the GCC-4.1.x version of GCC which is current head of GCC
cvs, so it is a moving target.

-Steve