[uClibc] buildroot improvement questions

Nathanael Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Thu Mar 24 21:54:32 UTC 2005

On Mar 24, 2005, at 12:37 PM, David Bachelart wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 24, 2005 at 11:06:09AM -0800, Nathanael Noblet wrote:
>> Just a few questions on how your patch works. I'm just wondering if
>> the
>> behavior I'm seeing is the intended behavior. I applied your patch.
>> Then copied my .config to configs/myconfig_defconfig, then running
>> make
>> myconfig_defconfig, it basically copies my config to the .config which
>> is then used in the following make to make the target. Is that what is
>> supposed to happen?
>
> Yes, it is.

Any opposition, or reason to why it isn't something like make -f
myconfig to specify the config? I realize that the -f flag is one that
is sent to make, but some type of switch that would look for a config
file in the configs/ directory and fail out if not there? or like
make CONF=myconfig [packagename] ?

--
Nathanael D. Noblet
Gnat Solutions