[uClibc] buildroot improvement questions

Nathanael Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Thu Mar 24 15:47:58 UTC 2005

On Mar 24, 2005, at 12:05 AM, Thomas Cameron wrote:

> If you go through the .mk files, you're going to see a line similar to
> this:
>
> ifeq ($(BR2_LARGEFILE),y)
>
> That line can be found all over the place. Seriously. In fact, I
> snagged
> that snipped from the Busybox.mk file. It's good to see that you've
> been
> adding packages to Buildroot, but I feel you should be looking at
> packages that already exist to get a bit of background on what's going
> on. If for nothing else, it will make writing .mk files MUCH
> easier...and no doubt, you'll find things you need to go back and
> change.

I have been, but as I didn't know there was a variable I could test for
or its name I didn't find much. I thought I had done a grep -r LARGE *
without getting that line you supplied above, and then mailed the list.
It is good to know. Thanks for showing me this one. I'll revise my
patch. Its fun learning this system, but like all things, has a curve,
not a particularly bad one, but its there.

;)
--
Nathanael D. Noblet
Gnat Solutions