[uClibc] RE: [uClibc-cvs] svn commit: trunk/uClibc/ldso/ldso: arm cris i386 m68k mips powerpc sh sh64 etc...

Tobias Anderberg tobias.anderberg at axis.com
Tue Mar 15 10:38:46 UTC 2005

Joakim Tjernlund wrote:

[... breaking archs ...]

> yeah, I should have mailed the list first in this case, sorry.
> Regarding mailing the "concerned parties" it is easier said
> than done. I am not aware of any file/list that names
> "concerned parties" for uClibc. I think that the uClibc ml
> will have to do.

Yes. When commiting changes that affect a wide range of
architectures a heads up to the list is almost in all cases a
needed action. In particular when you don't now how changes will
affect the other architectures.

Regarding branches it's always a fine line between insanity and
usefulness. By that I mean I think changes should really be big
enough to motivate a branch. As of such, your changes probably
wouldn't require a branch, just the much spoken of heads up mail
to the list! ;-)

>>> x86, MIPS and PPC should be OK now. No reports on the other
>>> arches CRIS, ARM, SPARC, M68K, SH and SH64 (Hint hint :)

I will check the CRIS port as soon as possible.

/tba