[uClibc] how to make a uwoody chroot

james osburn jjosburn at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 9 21:56:02 UTC 2005

the question i should have have asked is how do you
use deboostrap ... i wanted to used to used the uwoody
deb files to create a chroot .

obtain the debootstrap sources. (I am not using debian)
compile them via make and make install.

make install will create a directory called.
/usr/lib/debootstrap/scripts

to this directory you will add the file
uwoody which you have downloaded from:
http://people.debian.org/~andersee/debootstrap/

you will then run the following:
$> debootstrap --arch i386 uwoody /target http://people.debian.org/~andersee

this will create a directory called target that
should have the basic uclibc debian binaries

i chrooted into the /target directory:
i mounted proc as follows:
$> mount -t proc proc /target/proc
then
$> chroot /target /bin/bash
and updated the apt system by adding the file
sources.list directory to the directory and then added the line
deb http://people.debian.org/~andersee uwoody main

i did apt-get -f install and apt-get install gcc
i had a working compiler.