[uClibc] (Buildroot) Perl modules for microperl?

Ralph Siemsen ralphs at netwinder.org
Fri Mar 4 20:00:03 UTC 2005

Vladimir Bychkovsky wrote:

> Has anyone tried building any perl modules for microperl?

Wow, and microperl only got added last week! :)  I did try the CGI.pm
module, and it works fine for me.  I only had copied it from the host
system to the target since it is "pure perl".

> I want to use DBI and DBD:pg. I plan to use Postgres on my embedded
> device and I want perl to 'speak' to it.

I will be interested to hear the result.  You will probably have to
build some libaries for database access, which the perl modules will
link against.

> I have never cross-compiled perl modules before, but here is what I plan to try:
>
> Plan A
> 1) pass PREFIX and CC to 'perl Makefile.pl'
> 2) make, make install
> 3) copy selected files to the root

See the following link - I believe you want to specify PREFIX later on
during the make install rule.
http://users.ox.ac.uk/~stephen/packaging/html/slide_9.html

-Ralph