[uClibc] [RFC] RUNPATH config option for ld.so

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Sun Jun 26 06:46:52 UTC 2005

On Saturday 25 June 2005 03:28 am, Erik Andersen wrote:
> On Sat Jun 25, 2005 at 02:22:08AM -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> > +config LDSO_RUNPATH_FULL
> > +	bool "FULL"
> > +	help
> > +	  Respect all RUNPATH's regardless (same behavior as glibc).
> > +config LDSO_RUNPATH_SAFE
> > +	bool "SAFE"
> > +	help
> > +	  Only respect RUNPATH's which contain absolute paths.
> > +config LDSO_RUNPATH_NONE
> > +	bool "NONE"
> > +	help
> > +	  Disable RUNPATH support all together.
> > +endchoice
>
> BTW, I think this is too many choices for no real benefit....
> IMHO it should be all or nothing.

i offered one more option ('safe') than you guys wanted ... the back end is
trivial to support this, it'd require one ifdef around a path check ...

like i mentioned on irc, this is us (Gentoo) wanting our cake and eating it
too :)  we want to support rpaths but at the sametime prevent unsafe rpaths
(null, relative, ...) from ever being respected ...

but if you guys are really against it, i can keep the 'safe' idea in the
Gentoo ebuilds and commit just the 'all or nothing' version to uclibc cvs
-mike