[uClibc] [RFC] RUNPATH config option for ld.so

Ivan Popov pin at medic.chalmers.se
Sat Jun 25 09:53:09 UTC 2005

On Sat, Jun 25, 2005 at 01:15:05AM -0600, Erik Andersen wrote:
> I have no problem with making rpath support optional.  Never saw
> the need for for them myself, but they were in the standards so I
> made them work.  Of course you will also need to patch up ldso,
> dlopen, ldconfig, and ldd to ignore them.

For information, I am routinely doing a lot of work to disable rpaths
(with glibc) when compiling applications.
As such, I would welcome a feature that makes one independent
of configure-s and Makefile-s which sometimes go to extremes for hardwiring
rpaths into the resulting files.

On the other side, currently I am using uclibc for static linking only
(looking forward to exlicit runtime linker!).

Regards and thanks for your work
--
Ivan