[uClibc] [RFC] RUNPATH config option for ld.so

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Sat Jun 25 06:22:08 UTC 2005

we discussed this on irc a bit and no one seemed to mind the ability to toggle
RUNPATH support, but an additional config option for 'safe' RUNPATH's was
disputed a bit ...

here's one solution i think which should work nicely ... basically it gives
you a config option to select what type of RUNPATH support you want rather
than multiple config's ...

or those who have no idea what i'm talking about, here's a blurb:
elf RUNPATH markings are one way to encode library search paths, but do it on
a per-elf basis ... in our history, we've come across binaries that had null
paths (which means you search $PWD for libs before the system paths) and
relative paths (like ./lib) ... so as a sanity check (and since it isn't a
common utility), we would like to disable RUNPATH support completely and rely
on ld.so.conf instead
-mike