[uClibc] Some buildroot questions

coreyfro at coreyfro.com coreyfro at coreyfro.com
Thu Jun 23 22:22:34 UTC 2005

I am building buildroot for a 486 laptop and I need X working.

So far I can build without X just fine.  X is giving me flack, but I'll
look in to that later.  I have a couple of questions first.

My target system is limited to either a Cirrus X driver or VGA (_NOT_
VESA.)  Can kdrive/tinyx do plain VGA?  I think the FB kernel console
driver is VESA only but I don't know for sure.  If it's not VGA, I'll have
to use X.org.  However, the smaller, the better.

More importantly, though, is there any special magic to getting PCMCIA
working with buildroot?

Lastly, how do I build a modular kernel so that it targets an alternative
destination? (for instance, "~/buildroot/build_i386/root/")  I had a hard
time finding such instructions with google.

Apart from X not building (which is probably my fault, I'll play with the
tool a bit more before I come running for help ;-) this tool is AWESOME!