[uClibc] Re: implementing __libc_stack_end

Peter S. Mazinger ps.m at gmx.net
Mon Jun 20 15:22:33 UTC 2005

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005, Mark S. Mathews wrote:

> Is your test for a powerpc target?
>
> The problem isn't in the apps that I'm using, the reference to
> __libc_stack_end is in libgcc.  I don't have the code in front of me, but
> it comes from a macro expansion in the config/rs6000 stuff.
>
> The first failure I get is when buildroot is compiling/linking ldd.
>
> Thanks for the reply,

I have checked the gcc sources and this is used only for rs6000.

I think you should tell upstream about it, because this is glibc
dependency.

As of gcc-cvs the linux-unwind.h file should have
#ifndef inhibit_libc at the beginning and #endif at the end
(this would ensure, that cross-compiling will work)

currently (gcc-cvs) has this only for i386 and mips, but should have it
probably for all archs

Peter