[uClibc] uclibc/busybox based distros

Brian Beattie beattie at beattie-home.net
Sun Jun 12 04:31:55 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-06-12 at 05:34 +0300, Ivan Daniluk wrote:
> I've started a mini-howto on this subject. It's not fully finished yet, and
> very simple. It describes steps to build busybox/uclibc(using buildroot)
> mini-distro(with kernel and lilo) on harddisk image(simple regular file) via
> loopback devices.
> http://infostore.org/info/108340/bootdisk-buildroot-minihowto.html

The real problem for me, is that it looks like this only handles
self-hosting.  I want to cross compile, and I want to automate most of
the process.

I have been working on patches to Build root to add the kernel, and lilo
(which required dev86, or bin86) and dev86.

On top of this I'll probably do a shell script to start with, then see
where it goes.