[uClibc] Buildroot question about Soekris net4521 board...

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Thu Jun 2 21:39:27 UTC 2005

On Thu Jun 02, 2005 at 02:21:37PM -0700, Nathanael Noblet wrote:

> On Jun 2, 2005, at 2:15 PM, Erik Andersen wrote:
> >I suppose I should get that patch merged in...
>
> I was wondering about the method patches were approved and
> merged. I see quite a few patches to buildroot that don't seem
> to be moved in.  Some of mine have been accepted and merged I
> see, others not. I never received feedback, so didn't know if
> there was some type of reasoning for it.

Mostly, if the patch looks easy to merge, looks like it won't
break anything, and I have time to merge it, I just go ahead and
merge it.

> Or is it simply a matter of time, where I mean, you're busy
> working on uclibc or something else and don't have much time to
> devote to reviewing contributions to buildroot?

Thats pretty much it.  I've been buried up to my eyeballs with
work and have been very short of spare time to review and merge
patches.  Some of the other folk on the uclibc list have commit
privs and have been helpful with getting things merged, but of
course, larger patches often end up waiting till I find the time
and energy to review them.