[uClibc] Buildroot question about Soekris net4521 board...

Nathanael Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Thu Jun 2 21:17:50 UTC 2005

On Jun 2, 2005, at 2:10 PM, Doyle, Patrick wrote:

> Thanks... I'll try applying your patch and see what I learn.  In the
> mean
> time, I see on bugs.uclibc.org that you say "Includes one patch, which
> still can't get to apply (it applies cleanly manually, but isn't
> applied
> through buildroot)."  When you say "Includes one patch...", do you
> mean the
> patch that is found on bugs.uclibc.org, or do you mean there is some
> other
> patch file (for the kernel, or for some other package) that needs to be
> applied outside of the buildroot process?  If the latter, can you
> direct me
> at that patch?
>
> Thanks again for the pointer.

http://bugs.uclibc.org/view.php?id=188

What I meant was this. I had to create my own target, and used as a
reference the Soekris and AMD targets that existed there. The link
above is to my submission of a patch to buildroot, that creates another
device target. The patch is on the bugs.uclibc.org server, and not in
the svn repo you checked out. The patch should apply cleanly last I
checked. It is useful to you in that it is a working target that
creates a linux kernel in the target root fs, to help you debug the
Soekris board.

--
Nathanael D. Noblet
Gnat Solutions