[uClibc] Buildroot question about Soekris net4521 board...

Nathanael Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Thu Jun 2 20:59:18 UTC 2005

On Jun 2, 2005, at 1:36 PM, Doyle, Patrick wrote:

> How "fresh" is the Soekris net4521 target under "Board Support
> Options"?  Is
> it something that folks on this list use regularly and works fine for
> them;
> or is it something that was added to the list of targets some time ago
> and
> could, perhaps, be a little stale?
>
> I am asking because, when I enable it and attempt to build a rootfs,
> the
> make fails immediately with a missing "endif" in
> target/device/Soekris/net4521/linux.mk.  When I add the missing endif
> and
> try again, I get a root filesystem, but no linux kernel -- something I
> expected to find when I enabled that option.  (FWIW, I just tried this
> again
> with the daily snapshot from 06/01/05).
>
> If the code support for the 4521 is a little stale, I would be happy
> to go
> in an freshen it up, but if it is something that folks say "no, it
> works for
> me, as it has been every day for the last 14 years", then that changes
> the
> focus of my investigation.
>
> Thanks for any pointers...

As another reference point, I learnt how to add a target using the
soekris and AMD boards there. On bugs.uclibc.org you'll find a patch
submitted by myself adding Via Epia-MII target board. It builds
including a kernel, as a 'newer' reference if you need it. It hasn't on
the other hand been added to the svn repo.

--
Nathanael D. Noblet
Gnat Solutions

T 250.385.4613