[uClibc] fstat and fstat64

John Bowler jbowler at acm.org
Thu Jun 2 15:42:21 UTC 2005

There is a bug in 0.9.27 stat64 on big endian arm (only!)

The fields st_dev, st_rdev and st_blocks come out zero because the (Linux
2.6) kernel puts the actual values into the trailing bytes, not the leading
ones.  (In fact I think little endian ARM has a problem with st_blocks too,
but I haven't tested that).

I don't think this is the cause of the reported problem that would appear to
be because the header files included by sqlite have mapped fstat->fstat64
but haven't mapped struct stat->struct stat64

Nevertheless there is a problem in the existing armbe stuff.  I've attached
a patch (tar.gz of a single quilt/patch diff -u).

John Bowler <jbowler at acm.org>