[uClibc] buildroot, problem with gdb patch

damien83 at free.fr damien83 at free.fr
Fri Jul 22 13:35:33 UTC 2005

Hello,

I have a problem to build gdb in my toolchain, because buildroot complain about
a patch :

| Applying toolchain/gdb/6.3/500-thread-timeout.patch using plaintext:
| patching file gdb/gdbserver/thread-db.c
| Hunk #1 FAILED at 21.
| Hunk #2 FAILED at 143.
| Hunk #3 FAILED at 154.
| 3 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file
gdb/gdbserver/thread-db.c.rej
| Patch failed!  Please fix toolchain/gdb/6.3/500-thread-timeout.patch!
| make: ***
[/home/damien/buildroot/toolchain_build_arm_nofpu/gdb-6.3/.unpacked] Erreur 1

My toolchain use arm9 with softloat, gcc 3.4.3 and binutils 2.13. The problem
come with both versions of gdb. I use the latest daily version of uClibc and
buildroot.

Hope you can help.

Than you.