[uClibc] Double definition of __libc_current_sigrtXX functions...

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Thu Jul 7 03:34:55 UTC 2005

On Wed Jul 06, 2005 at 09:22:58PM -0500, sjhill at realitydiluted.com wrote:
> > libc/signal/allocrtsig.c appears to be redundant.  From way back
> > when I was first trying to get threads working properly.
> >
> Would you like to do the honor of sending it to /dev/null? :)

Hmm.  With public function prototypes in include/signal.h and
several arches defining SIGRTMAX and SIGRTMIN in terms of these
functions, it is possible that some non-threaded application
might in fact be using these things and would thus break.

Having a separate copy living in libpthread is probably the
greater evil, and thus I think it should really be provided by
libc, and not by libpthread at all.  I notive that glibc has
linuxthreads/pt-allocrtsig.c and nptl/pt-allocrtsig.c providing
thin wrappers over the libc function.  I'm not really sure why
they bother with that, since if you use libpthread you are going
to be using libc too...