[uClibc] Newbie: dynamic linking questions

busybox at gingermail.net busybox at gingermail.net
Wed Jan 26 08:53:49 UTC 2005

New to linux and the embedded world, I have tried to create a valid root
filesystem using BusyBox and uClibC.  I am not cross compling to another
platform, its all i386.

If I make busybox with a static linked library all works fine as expected
and I can boot from my new filesystem.  Changing the busybox config to a
dynamic linked library configuration, I start to get problems.  This is
where my knowledge takes a nose dive.  From what I can google, I need to
compile busybox against uclibc libs as right now it's being compiled against
the glibc lib.  Now I think that uclibc should create a gcc wrapper for me
to cross compile against somewhere under /usr/i386-linux-uclibc.  No such
luck.

Can anyone tell me how to get it do this?  Am I missing something
fundermental?

Also is there a way to just compile against another /lib?

I'm going mad with this.  Your help would be much appreciated.