[uClibc] Re: patches for uClibc++

Garrett Kajmowicz gkajmowi at tbaytel.net
Mon Jan 24 20:43:14 UTC 2005

On January 24, 2005 03:15 pm, Peter S. Mazinger wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Jan 2005, Peter S. Mazinger wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > The attached patch:
> > - splits up new.cpp into subfiles (as libsupc++.a uses it)
> > - tries to solve the problems building libuClibc++.a all the time
> > (it should be buildable all the time)
> > - does not install include/Makefile
> > - corrects docs
> >
> > Peter
>
> ttmkfdir(-3.0.9) can't be built against uclibc++
> ostream: C++ does not support long long
> Is this uclibc++ or ttmkfdir issue?
>
> Peter

Woohoo - an easy question!

By spec, C99 provides for long long data type (64 bits).  However, this is not
supported by the C++ spec (it's older).  Now, virtually all C++ compilers
support long long data type, but G++ disables support for it in ansi or
pedantic mode.

When G++ is using ANSI mode, __STRICT_ANSI__ is defined.  I have ostream
ifndef the output section of code for long long data types when using ansi.
If you are building something which complains about long long, you proabably
need to check your compiler flags.  uClibc++ does have support for it if your
compiler doesn't barf.  I assume you are using g++.

I will check out ttmkfdir and see if I can figure what is going on.

- Garrett